Originally aired April 30, 2012
- For the Chicken:
- About 1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Franks Red Hot
- About 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- About 2 tablespoons yellow or Dijon mustard
- About 1/4 cup grated red onion
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- About 1/3 to 1/2 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Poultry seasoning (freshly ground) or Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- For the Egg and Potato Salad:
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds medium potatoes, peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 6 large hard-boiled egg yolks plus 4 whole hard-boiled eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce for medium to spicy heat level
- 3 tablespoons yellow or Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, grated with its juices
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 large cloves garlic, pasted
- About 1/2 cup mayo
- Garnishes: finely chopped parsley, chili peppers and sliced sweet pickle chips
For the potato salad, place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, add salt and potatoes, and cook to tender. Drain potatoes and place them back in the hot pot to dry. Transfer to a baking sheet to quick-cool, breaking them up with a wooden spoon into chunky mash.
Meanwhile, mash the egg yolks well with a fork, add hot sauce, mustard, relish, Worcestershire, grated onion, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper, and stir to combine well. Add mayo and stir; add warm potatoes and combine. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, garnish with finely chopped parsley, chili peppers and sliced sweet pickles. Slice remaining whole hard boiled eggs into wedges and arrange on top of salad.
Combine hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, grated red onion, garlic and EVOO in a plastic food storage bag. Season chicken with poultry seasoning or salt and pepper, add to plastic bag and marinate for 1 to several hours. Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat and cook chicken 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
Serve chicken with egg and potato salad alongside.