Aired April 16, 2012
- 2 5-ounce cans Italian tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts in water, drained well and chopped
- 1 10-ounce box thawed frozen chopped spinach, drained well and pulled apart
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery hearts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 4 large ciabatta rolls
- 2 cups shredded mild provolone
- Sliced tomato, for topping
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the broiler. In a bowl, combine the tuna, artichoke hearts, spinach, lemon juice, onion, celery, EVOO, parsley, capers and garlic; season with pepper.
Split the ciabatta rolls and arrange on a baking sheet. Top the bottoms with even mounds of tuna salad and cheese. Broil to melt the cheese and toast the roll tops. Add the sliced tomato to the sandwiches, cover with roll tops and serve.