Serves 2 cups
Originally aired April 5, 2012
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea or Kosher salt
- 3 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 large bunch mint leaves
- 1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley
In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, 1/2 cup water and the sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the salt and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Reduce the heat to low.
Put the shallots, mint and parsley in a food processor and pulse to finely chop. Transfer mixture to a gravy boat or container. Pour the hot brine over the shallot mixture. Cover and refrigerate or let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.