Aired April 3, 2012
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 leeks, quartered lengthwise, chopped and washed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 5.4-ounce wheels Boursin garlic and herb soft cheese or 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- Chicken stock or whole milk, for mashing
Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Cover pot and bring to a boil; salt water and cook potatoes until tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to hot pot.
Meanwhile, heat EVOO over medium heat and melt butter into warm oil. When butter foams, add leeks and wilt 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
Mash potatoes with leeks, lemon zest, soft cheese, stock or milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.