Serves 12 as a snack
Originally aired March 30, 2012
- 8 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 24 ravioli, square or round depending on your muffin tin
- 1/2 pound ball fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 bunch of basil leaves, about 24
Preheat oven to 325F.
Arrange tomato slices on a rack set over a sheet pan and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and roast until tender and caramelized, about 45 minutes. Reserve.
While tomatoes are roasting, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it and cook ravioli to package directions and drain.
Raise oven temp to 375F.
Build mini lasagnas in the cups of a muffin tin - start with a ravioli, a roasted tomato, a sprinkle of mozzarella, a sprinkle of parm, 1 basil leaf, and repeat once. Reserve remaining basil leaves.
Bake in oven until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes. Thinly slice the remaining basil for garnish.