Aired March 22, 2012
- 3 to 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- Chicken stock, to mash
- 1/4 cup cream or half-n-half
- 1 5.4-ounce wheel of Boursin soft cheese with garlic and herbs or other soft herb cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, a couple of handfuls
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Cover potatoes and parsnips with water in a large pot, Bring to a boil, saltwater and cook to tender. Drain and return them to the hot pot, mash with stock then mash in cream to sweeten. Stir in cheeses and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
To keep warm, hold covered over simmering water in larger pot.