Originally aired March 22, 2012
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 cup fresh green peas (snaps, English, etc.) trimmed and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely diced
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Yuzu Juice
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chiffonade
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook snap peas and asparagus very quickly until al dente. Drain under cold water and reserve in a colander.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil with shallots, ginger and garlic. Add shrimp to the pan and let cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the radishes, asparagus and peas and saut for two minutes. Add the butter then the yuzu juice. Season with sea salt and add the fresh herbs.