Aired March 14, 2012
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper or green cubanelle pepper, seeded, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small finger peppers, Fresno chilies or banana hot peppers, sliced into thin rings
- 2 cups blanched cauliflower florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 to 3 ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Sicilian green olives, pitted and chopped
Place salt in a bowl, add the veggies and cover with cold water. Stir to combine. Cover and store for 2 days to brine.
Whisk up dressing of garlic, oregano, celery seed, vinegar and oil. Drain salad and toss with dressing and olives.