Aired February 13, 2012
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- Nonstick cooking spray
- For the Cream Cheese Icing Drizzle:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, one small block, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- For the Red Berry Salad:
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup red raspberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preheat waffle maker to medium-high heat.
Prepare cake mix to package directions. Once waffle iron is hot, spray with cooking spray. Pour 2 cups (about half) of the cake batter into the waffle iron. Cook 5 minutes; carefully remove from the waffle maker.
For the cream cheese drizzle, cream together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt into a bowl. Slowly whisk in milk. Set aside.
Mix together all ingredients for the red berry salad in a small bowl.
Top each waffle with a heaping spoonful of red berry salad and a drizzle of cream cheese.