Serves 6-8 as a snack
Originally aired February 2, 2012
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings, split, then tips removed, or drummers
- For the Sticky Asian Plum Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups plum preserves
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup Tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated
- Pinch of salt 5 to 6 scallions, whites and greens, thinly sliced on a bias
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 450F.
Bring a large pot of water up to a bubble and par-cook the chicken for about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Whisk together the preserves, orange juice and zest, Tamari, sesame oil, ginger and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until reduced until syrupy and a glaze, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
Place the wings onto a baking pan and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Transfer the wings to a large bowl then pour sauce over top and toss.
Sprinkle the coated wing with scallions and sesame seed for garnish. Serve with lime wedges.