Serves about 12
Originally aired December 16, 2011
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 2 tablespoons baking mix (for biscuits and pancake batter)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Scant 1/3 cup vegetable oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-ounce white chocolate candy bar, chopped into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking mix and salt together until combined. In another small bowl, whisk the coconut milk and brown sugar together until dissolved; stir in the coconut, oil and vanilla until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a rubber spatula until evenly mixed. Fold in the white chocolate pieces and transfer the batter to the floured pan, spreading it evenly into the edges. Bake until set and the edges begin to brown, 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan.
Cut the blondies into small rectangles to serve, or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.