Originally aired November 3, 2011
- 1 pound chicken tenders, halved crosswise
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 15.5-ounce can hominy, rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- Guacamole, optional garnish
Pat chicken pieces dry. Sprinkle with the oregano and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the hominy, broth, cilantro and chipotles to the skillet, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute. Spoon into bowls and top with the lettuce and radishes.