Serves about 15
Originally aired October 13, 2011
- EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin or chuck
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sharp yellow cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard or other mustard of choice
- 12-14 prepared egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 375F.
Heat EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and let sweat. Once cooked, add ground sirloin and brown, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper. Once meat is browned, drain fat from pan and pour meat and onions into a medium-size mixing bowl and let cool. Once cool, mix in cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
To wrap egg rolls, brush water around all four sides of a wrapper to act as the glue. Place a 1/3 cup of the meat and onion mixture into the center of the wrapper. Fold two corners into the center and then wrap the other corner to the next, creating a long skinny roll. Place finished rolls onto a sheet pan with a wire rack arranged above sheet pan.
Spray and roll egg roll tightly with all natural cooking spray and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until egg rolls start to brown.
Serve with Rachael's Russian Dressing Dipper alongside.