4 mini frittatas (2 per serving)
Aired October 12, 2011
- From the pantry
- Salt and pepper
- EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pasta (we used spaghetti)
- Dried herbs
- Peanut butter
- Cheese (we used part-skim mozzarella)
- Shopping List
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast $2.99/lb.
- 1 apple $1.15 ($1.99/lb)
- Sandwich bread (we used soft wheat) $1.99/loaf
- 1 carrot $ .25 ($.99/lb)
- 1 banana $ .20
- 1 cucumber $.79
- Cherry tomatoes $2.50/pint
- Yogurt (2 single-serving containers with granola) $2.78
- Sunflower seeds $ .99
- TOTAL $13.64
Cut about 1/2 cup leftover cooked spaghetti noodles into 1-inch lengths. Optional: crisp noodles slightly in skillet with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
In a medium bowl, whisk together 4 large eggs, 3 tablespoons milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in 1/3 cup grated low-moisture mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup (about 6) quartered (or cut into small pieces) cherry tomatoes.
Butter or spray 4 muffin cups in 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Divide spaghetti evenly among prepared cups. (For fun, you can also add a few cubes of mozzarella cheese to each cup). Ladle egg mixture over, filling almost to top.
Bake at 375F until puffed and golden, about 15-18 minutes.
Note: For a snack or breakfast treat, you can also bake these in a mini-muffin pan for bize-size frittatas.