Serves 2 as a snack
Originally aired October 4, 2011
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, sliced thinly on a bias
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
Heat EVOO in a saucepot over medium heat. Add celery and garlic, and saut for 3-4 minutes, until tender.
Add in quinoa and stock, and bring to a bubble. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, basil and mint, and serve.