Serves 4 servings
Originally aired April 21, 2011
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast - cut into approximately 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
In a large shallow baking dish, mix the lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place the chicken in the dish, turning to coat each side. Cover and marinate up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat your grill on high. You can also you a cast iron stove top grill for this recipe.
Thread the chicken, onion wedges, and green bell pepper pieces alternately onto skewers. Grill skewers until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.