Serves 3 - 4
Aired April 19, 2011
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeos
- At least 1 pound of vegetables, such as a mixture of sliced broccoli, sliced fresh mushrooms, julienned carrots, baby corn, sliced asparagus, sliced snow peas, julienned jicama or water chestnuts, bean sprouts
- 6 to 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package tempeh, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
Cook quinoa to package directions then set aside.
In a large skillet with a few sprays of cooking spray, add in garlic and jalapeo. Toss around for a minute then add in all the veggies, starting with the veggies that take the longest first and ending with the ones that just need to be warmed through. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Toss the veggies around then add in the tempeh to warm through. Add the red pepper flakes, lime juice, a little salt and the Braggs Liquid Aminos. Toss every thing around so all the veggies are coated then top with cashews and serve with quinoa.