Aired April 11, 2011
- For the Hot Artichoke Dip:
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- teaspoon garlic powder
- Toast Triangles (recipe follows) or assorted crackers, for serving
- For the Toast Triangles:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened, or as needed
- 12 slices day-old white bread
- Garlic or onion powder
- Sweet paprika
- Kosher salt
For the Hot Artichoke Dip:
Preheat the oven to 350.
In a medium mixing bowl, place the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. Stir until well blended. Transfer to the work bowl of a food processor and pulse until you get the desired texture.
Lightly spray a small baking dish with cooking spray and transfer the mixture into the dish. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve hot with toast triangles or assorted crackers.
For the Toast Triangles:
Preheat the oven to 300.
Lightly spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Lightly sprinkle with garlic or onion powder, paprika, and salt, if using. Cut each slice into 4 triangles and place on a cookie sheet. Bake until lightly brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and serve. To store, place the triangles in a storage bag or tin can and keep at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. Recrisp in the oven if necessary, after storing.