Makes 1 serving
Originally aired April 5, 2011
- One 4-ounce raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced Fuji apple
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 dashes ground sage
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 2 slices light bread
- 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon light whipped butter or light buttery spread, room temperature, divided
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 4 minutes on one side.
Flip chicken in the skillet. Add apple and onion, and sprinkle with sage and garlic powder. Cook until apple and onion have softened and chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Once chicken is cool enough to handle, thinly slice and set aside with the apple-onion mixture.
Lay bread slices flat and evenly spread the upward-facing sides with cheese. Evenly top one slice with chicken and apple-onion mixture. Place the other bread slice on top with cheese-covered side down. Press gently to seal.
Spread teaspoon butter on the upward-facing bread slice. Set aside. Remove skillet from heat, re-spray, and place back on the stove. Place sandwich in the skillet with the buttered side down. Spread remaining 1/2 teaspoon butter on the upward-facing bread slice.
Bring skillet to medium heat. Cook sandwich until hot and toasty, 1 to 2 minutes per side, flipping it gently.
Allow to cool slightly. Then cut it in half, if you like, or just bite right in! Yummm . . .