Originally aired March 7, 2011
- 12 slices of Hillshire Farm Ultra Thin Lower Sodium Smoked Ham, chopped
- 12 slices of Hillshire Farm Ultra Thin Lower Sodium Honey Roasted Turkey Breast, chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Gruyre
- 8 thick slices whole wheat Pullman bread
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
Mix the chopped ham, turkey, spinach, artichoke hearts and Gruyre in a bowl. Spoon mixture onto 4 slices of bread and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Place remaining slices of bread over the top to complete the sammies.
Melt butter in a griddle or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Dip each sammy into the beaten egg mixture and place in the pan. Cook until golden and cheese is melted.