Makes 4 Waffles
Originally aired February 28, 2011
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup, sharp yellow cheddar cheese, about a handful
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Honey, for drizzling
- 4 eggs, fried (optional)
Preheat waffle maker to medium heat.
Prepare cornbread to package instructions, adding in chopped jalapeños and black pepper. Fold cream cheese and cheddar into the batter.
Once warm, brush inside of waffle maker with melted butter. Pour in batter and cook for 5 minutes or until the cornbread waffles are golden brown.
Drizzle with warm honey. (Tip: Warm the honey in a glass container on top of the waffle maker while the waffles are cooking!)
For a brunch item, top each waffle with an egg.