Makes 8 dogs
Originally aired February 10, 2011
- 8 pork or beef hot dogs or knockwursts
- 8 good quality hot dog rolls or soft hoagie or 6 inch sub rolls, split
- Yellow mustard
- 1 small 4 ounce can of pickled jalapenos (hot) or green chilies (mild), drained well and finely chopped
- 8 slices mild deli ham
- 8 thin slices of good quality Swiss cheese
- 8 homemade or store bought pickle spears
Heat griddle pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Split dogs or knocks lengthwise and open them up like a book, grill them up until crispy on both sides.
Arrange split rolls on a baking sheet. Top rolls with lots of mustard, chopped chilies, ham and Swiss cheese, broil just long enough to melt the cheese.
Place Dogs on top of melted cheese in rolls and fill the crevice with a pickle spear. YES!