Makes 2 pounds of chicken, 12-14 tostadas
Originally aired February 3, 2011
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 shots tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pasted
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, half a palmful, cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander, half a palmful
- About 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast cutlets or boneless, skinless thighs
- Generous handful cilantro, chopped, optional
Whisk lime and orange juice with tequila, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, coriander and oil in a large dish. Add chicken to marinade, cover and chill 1-3 hours.
Heat indoor or outdoor grill or griddle pan to medium-high. Shake off excess marinade and grill chicken 3-4 minutes on each side for cutlets, 5 minutes on each side for thighs.
Slice chicken and garnish with chopped cilantro, if using. Serve on top of tostadas topped with spicy refried beans. Top chicken with vegetable garnishes of choice and serve.