Originally aired January 28, 2011
- 1lb butter
- 9oz golden syrup (You could use a thick, mild honey instead)
- 2 oz dark cocoa powder
- 2 oz drinking chocolate powder
- 1 lb crushed biscuits (Graham crackers)
- 5oz soft figs in a chunky dice (or soft dates)
- 6oz mixed nuts (I use pistachios, pecans and toasted almonds- You can substitute the nuts with chopped up Mars bars or Twix bars this definitely appeals to the younger palate more than nuts!)
Melt the butter, honey and chocolate powders in a heavy based pan.
Remove from heat and add the figs and the crushed biscuits.
Lastly add the nuts or chopped up chocolate bars
Press into a tin lined with baking parchment either a 2lb loaf tin, or an 8 round or an 8 x 8 square.
Leave to cool, then cover and refrigerate. When firm can be topped with melted chocolate.
Cut into slices, wedges or squares depending on the tin used.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.