Originally aired December 23, 2010
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- About 3 tablespoons grated onion
- Salt and pepper
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
- 4 to 5 baby Yukon gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- About 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- 6 ounces, about 3/4 to 1 cup, Stilton cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 3-inch potato or brioche rolls or packaged slider buns
- 1 bundle or package watercress or upland cress
Combine meat with parsley, Worcestershire, garlic, onion grated over the bowl to catch the juices and lots of salt and pepper. Form 8 3-ounce patties, making them a little thinner at center for even cooking. Arrange them on a plate and drizzle with EVOO to coat.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
Heat a liberal drizzle of EVOO in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, just enough to coat the bottom. Add potatoes in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Turn occasionally and cook until brown and crispy, 10-12 minutes.
In food processor, combine milk, cheese and sour cream. Process until a smooth, thick sauce forms. Add an extra splash of milk as necessary.
Cook burgers 6-9 minutes for medium-rare to medium-well, turning occasionally.
Serve sliders on rolls or buns topped with potatoes, watercress and thick sauce.