Aired November 16, 2010
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11/3 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup carrot puree
- 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
- Jarred tomato sauce (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375F. Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Press the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 50 to 55 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
Serve with tomato sauce, if you wish.