Originally aired October 4, 2010
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jalapeo pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-sharp yellow cheddar
Preheat oven 400F. Bake bacon on slotted pan until crisp. Chop, then reserve.
Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and rub them with EVOO, salt and pepper. Bake until tender, about 35-40 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven, cool, halve and scoop flesh into a bowl.
To the potatoes, add jalapeo, garlic, onion, sour cream, cream cheese and season with salt and pepper, then mash and combine.
Fill up the potato skins with the mash and arrange them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cheese and place them back into the oven. Garnish with bacon and scallions and broil to brown cheese.