Makes 2 cups
Originally aired September 28, 2010
- 1 head garlic, roasted with rosemary until soft
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained well
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Chopped parsley, chili pepper and lemon zest or minced scallions, for garnish
Squish roasted garlic away from skin and drop the cloves into a food processor. Add beans. Mix tahini with a couple of tablespoons of water then add to processor along with the lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
Transfer white bean spread to a serving bowl and garnish. Serve with charred or toasted bread.