Originally aired September 16, 2010
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 3 to 4 small ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento peppers from a jar, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 small bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet or regular sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, eyeball it
- 1 28-ounce can stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 pound Spanish-style dry chorizo, casing removed and cut into slices 2 inches thick
- 4 Portuguese rolls
Preheat oven 400F.
Place potatoes, celery, onions, pimiento peppers, beans, kale and garlic in large bowl, and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Pour EVOO over vegetables and toss to coat well. Transfer to a large casserole dish.
Pour tomatoes over vegetables then arrange chorizo on top. Cover and roast 1 hour then uncover and bake 15 minutes more, to crisp up sausage. Serve in shallow bowls with lots of bread alongside for mopping.