Originally aired September 15, 2010
- Whole wheat, oat or whole grain English muffins
- Filling options include:
- Sharp cheddar cheese and green apple
- Brie, jam and ham
- Fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil
- Monterey Jack or pepper jack and homemade or store-bought salsa (add sliced avocado for deluxe)
- Egg, wilted spinach and provolone
- Swiss cheese, a slice of tomato and mayo-free tuna salad (flaked tuna dressed with lemon juice, minced shallots, minced celery, a little EVOO, black pepper, herb-of-choice or parsley)
For each sammy, split the muffins in half. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
Lightly butter the muffins. Facing the buttered side out, stack in the fillings then grill until extra-crispy and deeply golden.