Makes 20 poppers
Aired July 16, 2010
- 10 small plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small spanish onion, cut into small dice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 6 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Slice the tomatoes in half across the middle, making 2 tomato cups per tomato. Scoop out the tomato guts and discard.
Place a small skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Saut the onion and garlic until soft, 3-5 minutes Transfer to a medium-size mixing bowl and let cool.
Add the mozzarella, prosciutto, breadcrumbs, basil and parsley to the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Divide the mixture among the tomato cups. Transfer the tomatoes to a baking sheet, transfer to the oven and bake until the tops are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.