Aired July 16, 2010
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup capers, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with about 1 tablespoon EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and roast in the oven until golden brown and tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
While the asparagus is roasting, whisk the Dijon, preserves and lemon juice together in a small bowl while slowly streaming in the remaining EVOO. Mix in the capers and season with salt and pepper.
When the asparagus is ready, transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the sweet caper vinaigrette. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serve with Rosemary Roast Pork Loin and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes.