Originally aired July 5, 2010
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 sandwich-size English muffins, toasted
In a bowl, combine meat with herbs, mustard, salt and pepper, and form 4 large patties.
Heat non-stick skillet with EVOO over medium-high heat. Cook burgers 6-7minutes on each side until firm and cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat a small saucepot over medium heat and melt the butter. Add shallots, carrots, celery, salt and pepper and saut 7-8 minutes to soften. Sprinkle with flour, stir 1 minute then whisk in broth. Let thicken 3-4 minutes then stir in peas and heat through.
Top each toasted muffin bottom with a burger and some pot pie gravy. Replace the muffin tops and serve.