Makes 8 sliders
Aired July 2, 2010
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated into a paste or minced
- About 1/2 cup loosely packed herbs: oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage and flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- About 1/2 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, casing removed and ground in a food processor
- Salt and pepper
- Diced, seeded, ripe plum tomatoes, for garnish
- Finely chopped raw onion, for garnish
- 8 brioche dinner rolls or 8 slider rolls such as Pepperidge Farm brand, split
Heat griddle pan, large skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Combine garlic and herbs in small bowl, and cover with vinegar and oil. Stir to combine.
Place meats in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and combine well with your hands. Form 8 small, 3-ounce patties that are thinner at center and thicker at edges for even cooking.
Grill meat 3 minutes on first side and 2 on the second side for medium. Serve on slider rolls topped with lots of chimichurri, diced tomatoes and onions.