Originally aired July 1, 2010
- 6 cups total of:
- Baby potatoes, chopped
- Baby carrots, chopped
- Celery, chopped
- Onions, chopped
- Mild Peppers, seeded and chopped
- Zucchini, chopped
- Medium eggplant, chopped
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 2 pints baby heirloom tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups your favorite herbs (such as lemon thyme, tarragon, chives, basil, parsley, dill, etc.), loosely packed
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
To a soup pot over medium-high heat, add EVOO. To the hot oil, add veggies and corn, and season liberally with salt and pepper. Saut until tender, 8-10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes to the pot and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook 8-10 minutes more, until tomatoes burst. Add chicken stock, replace cover and bring up to a bubble.
Fill a food processor with the herbs and pulse to chop. Add a splash of stock and stream in EVOO with the machine running to form a green sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls topped with a heaping spoonful of herb sauce to stir in.