Makes 12 sliders
Originally aired May 11, 2010
- 4 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 1/2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or finely chopped, a couple of tablespoons
- 1/4 cup Tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce, eyeball it
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup or honey, eyeball it
- 12 pieces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all fat and connective tissue and cut into pieces about 3-4 inches diameter to fit slider-size rolls
- Salt and pepper
- Canola oil, for drizzling
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 12 brioche dinner rolls or slider rolls, such as Pepperidge Farm brand
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- Quick Kimchi Slaw, for topping
Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Combine garlic, ginger, soy, chile sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and honey or syrup in a blender.
Season meat with salt and pepper, and drizzle with a little oil. Place on grill and cook a couple of minutes on each side to mark, then baste heavily with sauce and cook 3-4 minutes more, turning and basting frequently.
Sprinkle chicken pieces with scallions and sesame seeds, and serve on slider rolls topped with cucumber slices and slaw.