Makes 2 1/2 - 3 cups of slaw topping
Originally aired May 11, 2010
- 1/2 Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red onion, quartered lengthwise then very thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- A couple of generous forkfuls sliced pickled ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
Combine the cabbage, onion, garlic, pickled ginger and pepper in small container with a tight-fitting lid.
Heat vinegar with hot sauce, water and sugar to dissolve the sugar. Pour over cabbage, cover and shake. Refrigerate a couple of hours, shaking the container occasionally.