Aired April 30, 2010
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons slivered orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound firm sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Combine the walnuts, parsley, orange zest and garlic in a small bowl, mixing well.
Using a Benriner (Japanese mandoline) or other vegetable slicer, thinly shave the sunchokes. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, tossing well (be sure to coat the sunchokes well, to prevent oxidation). Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the gremolata, and serve.