Aired March 1, 2010
- 3 pounds beef sirloin
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, for dusting meat
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes
In a large skillet, sear the meat in some EVOO until nice and brown on both sides. Remove the steak to a cutting board and slice the steak into 1-inch thick strips.
Place the sliced steak into the crock-pot bowl, then dust the meat with cornstarch and mix the meat around until there is no more visible cornstarch.
Add the remaining ingredients except for the topper ingredients to the crock-pot, then place a lid on top and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
When you are ready to serve, get a medium bowl, mix the topper ingredients and place a portion of the mixture on top of each portion of Asian Pepper Steak. This will add pop of freshness and texture.
Serve on top of cooked rice.