Originally aired February 18, 2010
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A handful of pine nuts or sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. When oil smokes, add chicken to the pan and cook 6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and cover with foil.
Reduce heat under pan to medium and add another tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan. Add shallots, garlic and rosemary to pan and cook 2-3 minutes. Add honey, stir in Dijon and lemon juice. Add chicken back to the pan and coat on all sides with the bubbling glaze. Turn off heat.
Garnish with toasted nuts, if using. Serve with bitter greens salad or wilted spinach and Rice Pilaf.