Originally aired February 15, 2010
- 4 poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin, a couple of palmfuls
- 1 tablespoon coriander, a palmful
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives or scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- Fancy tortilla chips, for dipping
Char peppers over a gas flame or under the broiler with oven door cracked for steam to escape. Place charred peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam. Let cool then peel, seed and finely chop.
Heat 2 tablespoons EVOO in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and brown and crumble the meat. Add onions and garlic to the pot and cook 5 minutes to soften. Season with cumin and coriander, and stir in chopped peppers. Add stock and herbs, and simmer 5 minutes. Season with hot sauce to taste.
Turn off heat and stir in sour cream to combine. Serve with chips alongside for dipping.