Originally aired February 10, 2010
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 5 to 6 baby Yukon Gold potatoes, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup milk or half-n-half
- 1/4 cup chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped thyme
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, grated or chopped
- 4 English muffins, toasted and buttered
Heat broiler and place oven rack in center of oven.
Heat EVOO and butter in a large ovensafe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add shallots, potatoes, celery and garlic to the pan. Season with black pepper and saut 6-7 minutes, until tender. Add tuna and stir to combine.
In a bowl, beat eggs with hot sauce, milk or half-n-half. Pour eggs into the skillet and stir in herbs. Let the eggs set and brown along the edges and on the bottom. Transfer to oven and brown top lightly, 5 minutes. Top with cheese and return to broiler to melt, 1-2 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with buttered English muffins alongside.