Aired February 4, 2010
- 1 8-ounce filet mignon
- For the steak marinade:
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- A pinch of onion powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning to use while cooking steaks
- For the veggies:
- Fresh sliced parmesan cheese to top asparagus
- Balsamic Vinegar to drizzle over asparagus
- Sliced Yukon gold potatoes (circular slices)
- Creole seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Aluminum foil
For the steak and marinade: Whisk solid ingredients into melted butter. Place steak into a Ziploc bag and pour marinade mixture over steak. Keep the butter for more marinating. Place the Ziploc bag into a shallow pan of lukewarm water to marinate. When steak is finished marinating, grill steak on both sides until desired doneness is achieved.
For the veggies: Grill asparagus until tender. Top with parmesan cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
One steak per person; veggies serve multiple people depending on how much asparagus and potatoes are used.