Serves 6 as a snack
Originally aired December 31, 2009
- 24 to 36 (depending on size) cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 small or 1/2 medium onion
- Nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, canned or frozen
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 box defrosted chopped spinach, squeezed out in a kitchen towel
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 450F.
On a baking sheet, place mushrooms caps stem side up, drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast 10-12 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
While the mushrooms are roasting, to a food processor add garlic, onion, EVOO, salt, pepper and nutmeg, and pulse to chop. Add artichokes and cheese, and pulse again. Add spinach, egg yolks, pulse again to combine, then add in nuts and heavy cream.
Fill mushroom caps with spinach-artichoke mixture and bake another 10-12 minutes, until filling is cooked through.