Originally aired December 16, 2009
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- Freshly grated nutmeg, about 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons pimientos, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound whole or French cut frozen green beans
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place potatoes in pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until tender, 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and place back into hot pot. Mash with butter, milk or cream, honey, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
While potatoes come to a boil, butterfly the chicken breasts so they open up like a book. Pound them out to 1/4-inch thick, season with salt and pepper.
Combine the cream cheese with pimientos, garlic and 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 palmful. Combine remaining 2 teaspoons paprika with breadcrumbs on a dish and place dish near stovetop. Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mix on each piece of chicken. Roll chicken up and secure with 2 toothpicks then roll each piece in breadcrumbs.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken a few minutes on each side then transfer to oven and bake 15-18 minutes until juices run clear.
When chicken is a few minutes away from coming out of oven, cook off the frozen green beans in a little salted water or steam fresh beans.
Serve chicken sliced on an angle with sweet potatoes and a few green beans alongside.