Makes 1 mug cake
Originally aired December 4, 2009
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant butterscotch pudding powder
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons semit sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box of prepared butterscotch pudding mixed with store bought chocolate frosting
Prepare mug by coating the inside lightly with cooking spray. Pour all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
Beat egg first with a spoon and mix in other liquid ingredients.
Then add dry ingredients and mix until youve removed all lumps. Pour the batter into the mug (do not fill more than halfway) and smooth the top with a spoon.
Thump mug firmly on the tabletop six times to remove excess air bubbles.
Place mug on top of a microwaveable small plate or saucer. Bake for 3-4 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the microwave mug cake and removing the toothpick. If the toothpick is dry, the mug cake is done.
Wait two minutes then run a butter knife along the inside of the mug and tip the cake into plate. Position the mug cake so that the slightly rounded top is on top. Your microwave mug cake will now look like a slightly overgrown muffin. Frost the mug cake with premade frosting.
Option: frost the whole chocolate chip butterscotch microwave mug cake with prepared butterscotch pudding chocolate frosting.