Aired November 30, 2009
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast pieces, halved across the breasts with sharp knife
- 4 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Optional garnishes: giardiniera or balsamic drizzle
Preheat oven to 450F.
Place the potatoes, cauliflower and garlic in a pot with tight-fitting lid. Season with salt and pepper, add stock and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, and season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Add EVOO to skillet, 2 turns of the pan. When oil smokes, add chicken skin-side down and cook 10 minutes or so, turning once.
Remove chicken to a plate and add wine to the pan, scraping up the drippings. Add potatoes, cauliflower and garlic to pan, and top with the browned chicken. Transfer to oven and cook 10-12 minutes more, until vegetables are very tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Serve chicken, potatoes and cauliflower with giardiniera alongside or topped with a little balsamic drizzle, if desired.