Originally aired November 17, 2009
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 4 pounds hanger steak, trimmed of fat and connective tissue
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup pickled chilies, sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled onions
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lola Steak Sauce
Combine the salt, sugar, coriander, and chile powder in a small bowl and coat the steaks with the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for up to 2 days.
Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you want to cook them.
Build a hot fire in your grill. Brush the steaks with half the olive oil and grill them for 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from the grill and let rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
While the steaks are resting in a medium bowl toss the pickled chilies, onions, parsley, and remaining olive oil together.
Slice the steaks against the grain, divide among six plates, and top with the salad and a drizzle of steak sauce.