Originally aired November 16, 2009
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups turkey or chicken stock
- Palmful poultry seasoning or dried ground sage
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish, optional
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sprinkle with flour. Let bubble for 30 seconds and slowly whisk in stock until smooth. Bring to a simmer and add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
Pour over carved turkey and garnish with parsley.