Serves 4 snack-size servings
Originally aired November 4, 2009
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 links dry cured chorizo, casings removed and sliced into discs
- 1 pint cremini or white button mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Place potatoes in a pot with cold water and a hearty pinch of salt. Place over high heat and bring up to a boil. Cook potatoes until a knife can just pierce them but theyre not yet soft, about 5 minutes. Drain and dress potatoes with 1 tablespoon EVOO, salt and pepper.
Place a large, cast-iron skillet over medium heat with 1 turn of the pan EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. In a single layer, add chorizo, mushrooms (cap side down), garlic and potatoes, and cook until crispy and golden brown, 6-7 minutes. Deglaze pan with sherry, add parsley and toss to coat.